Last updated: December 1, 2020
Thank you for visiting http://statysmd.com/ (the “Site”).
This Privacy Statement explains how personal information about you is collected, used and disclosed by Statys Medical Development (“Statys MD”) with respect to your use of the Site’s features, products and services, specifically in setting up an account with Statys MD (collectively the “Service” or “Services”). This Privacy Statement also applies to our offline collection of personal information such as when you call us, register for our Services by paper or enter a contest at a public event.
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time and at our sole discretion. As such, we encourage you to check back frequently for updates. In the event significant changes are made to this Privacy Statement, we will communicate such change to you, such as by e-mail, mail or other means prior to the change becoming effective.
1. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
We collect personal information from you when you provide information directly to us, for example, when you sign up to initiate our Services, request a consultation, contact us or make inquiries to our webmaster.
Examples of personal information we collect and use are:
- first and last name
- contact information, including email address, mailing address and telephone number
- referral information
- professional information such as name of clinic, practice and/or specialization, as well as medical license number
- billing and related financial information, such as provincial billing number, speciality number, and accounts receivable information
- payment information, including record of payments
- remittance advice
- information discussed during the consultation process
- information you provide when you contact us, such as questions and other inquiries; and
- other personal information required to provide you with our Services.
Like many websites, we automatically collect technical data when you visit and otherwise use our Site. Technical information we may automatically collect includes the name of the internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the date and time you access the Site, the pages that you access and the website from which you linked directly to our Site.
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
Statys MD uses the personal information for the following purposes:
- providing our Services, including setting up OHIP billing accounts, third party billing accounts and medical billing accounts
- setting up business accounts and consultations
- reporting remittance data
- generating statistics and aggregating data
- personalizing your experience on our Site
- detecting and preventing security threats
- helping Statys MD develop and market our brand and Services
- helping Statys MD communicate with you about our Services, account information, technical notices, security alerts and important updates
- assisting in developing and offering promotions and special offers about Statys MD and our selected partners
- responding to your requests, complaints, comments and questions; and
- other purposes that we identify to you from time to time.
3. WHY WE MAY SHARE OR TRANSFER PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to provide you with our Services and meet the purposes identified in this Privacy Statement, we sometimes need help from third parties, such as contractors, service providers, agencies and other business partners. As such, your personal information may be shared with these third parties and used only for the identified purposes. For example, we will share certain information with the Ministry of Health in order to meet certain regulatory requirements. Further, we may share information with collections agencies in order to collect a debt that is owed.
Statys MD discloses personal information to third parties when required to do so in accordance with this Privacy Statement or by applicable law. Examples of situations in which we may disclose personal information include:
- to respond to a subpoena, warrant, court order or other legal request with appropriate jurisdiction
- to business partners and third parties in connection with the evaluation of, or the completion of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of assets, bankruptcy, reorganization, or liquidation
- to take action regarding illegal activities or violations of our terms and conditions of business; or
- as otherwise required or permitted by law.
4. HOW WE PROTECT AND RETAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of the personal information under our control is important to us. Statys MD uses organizational, technical and physical measures to safeguard your information from loss, theft and unauthorized use, access, disclosure, alteration, copying, modification and destruction. Examples of such safeguards include locking cabinets and securing work areas, restricting access to information to only authorized individuals, using encryption programs and other security measures to protect our networks and databases.
If Statys MD uses third parties service providers, Statys MD requires such service providers to use similar safeguards to those used by Statys MD, and also requires service providers to limit access to your personal information and to keep it strictly confidential. Service providers are only permitted to use your personal information for the sole purpose of carrying out services on behalf of Statys MD.
Statys MD retains your personal information only as long as necessary or relevant for the purposes we have identified or as required by law Your personal information is stored and/or processed or otherwise used by or on behalf of Statys MD inside of Canada. However, one or more of our partners or service providers may be located in another country outside of Canada. By using our Services, you consent that your personal information may be transferred to countries outside Canada, including the United States, and subject to the authorities and laws of that jurisdiction.
5. WHAT ABOUT THIRD PARTY LINKS?
Our Site may be linked from another website, or have links to other websites or social media platforms. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and statements of all websites you visit so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and disclose your personal information.
Statys MD is not responsible for the privacy policies, content or data handling practices on other websites. This Privacy Statement does not extend beyond our Site.
The information collected online permits Statys MD to analyze traffic patterns on our Site and enables us over time to provide visitors and users with a better experience by improving the content and making it easier to use.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you have the ability to view, disable, or delete cookies from your web browser at any time. Please be aware that changing your browser’s cookie or website data settings may limit your ability to use all of the features provided on our website.
We use a third-party analytics service, such as Google Analytics and others, to help us better understand the functionality of our Service and Site on your computer. Analytics may record information such as how often you use our Site, which features you use or don’t use, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the Site was accessed from.
8. WHAT ABOUT CHILDREN?
Statys MD is intended for those who are at or over the age of majority and does not knowingly collect information from minors.
9. YOUR CHOICES
This section outlines some of the choices you have with regards to your personal information.
Promotional Communications. If at any time you decide you no longer wish to receive promotional communications from Statys MD or our selected partners, such as special offers, upcoming events or other marketing information, you can opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” function at the bottom of our marketing emails or by contacting us at: email@example.com.
Please allow 5-7 business days to process your request. Please note that we may still send you emails about our existing business relationship, for example, important messages about your account and billing processes.
- Account Deletion. You may deactivate and delete your account with Statys MD by making such request in writing to the contact information at the end of this Privacy Statement. Such request is subject to any contractual terms with Statys MD and other legal conditions.
- Cookies. If you want to stop accepting the use of certain cookies, the “help” feature of most browsers will help you disable existing cookies and stop receiving future cookies.
10. ACCESS, UPDATE, AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
At your request, we will let you know what personal information Statys MD has about you, what it is being used for, and with whom it has been shared. If you notice any inaccuracies or wish to update any part of your personal information, we will look into that as well. We may take steps to verify your identity prior to providing access.
Statys MD will provide you with access to your personal information that is in our possession, subject to certain exceptions, including information that is referenced to another individual’s personal information that cannot be severed, or information subject to solicitor-client privilege, or other legal restrictions that may prevent us from fulfilling your request.
If you would like to request access to information that we have about you, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement, please contact us at:
Attention: Chief Privacy Officer
Statys Medical Development
2540 Matheson Blvd East
11. CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE
If you are dissatisfied with the findings and corresponding action taken by Statys MD, you have additional options, such as contacting the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at the address listed below:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
30 Victoria Street